Are you looking to undertake a kitchen remodeling project making use of the hottest kitchen design Trends now that spring has arrived?
The first day of spring is almost here at Kitchen Gallery (Tuesday, March 20 if you’re keeping track).
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, fresh starts, and new beginnings.
If so, why not bring in these hot new kitchen décor trends into your home?
Trend 1: The high-tech kitchen
Remember things like:
- Using fridge magnets to hang the grocery list?
- Writing down appointments on a kitchen blackboard?
- Sticking report cards on a cork board?
- Turning on the slow cooker for the day?
This spring, all that – and more – will be replaced with high-tech kitchen gadgets.
- A camera on your fridge telling you when items are low or going bad
- Pre-heating the oven from your smartphone while driving home from work
- Ordering groceries from your refrigerator
- Leaving voice messages for your family using your fridge control screen
- Having the kettle automatically turn on to boil when you walk into the kitchen
The high-tech kitchen trend has been coming for a long while now.
However, spring 2018 is expected to be the first year where it’s both affordable and commonplace for busy families like yours.
Trend 2: Dual-toned cabinetry
For year, kitchen cabinet refacing or replacing has been monochromatic, with the most popular cabinet colours being:
This year, two-tone kitchen cabinets will be in style.
Take a look at the cabinets in your kitchen right now.
Now imagine custom kitchen cabinets which are a shade of distinguished grey on the bottom (under the counter cabinets) and classically white on top (over the counter cabinets).
Neutral colours on the top, combined with an accented colour at the bottom, will combine to make your kitchen less utilitarian and more inviting.
Trend 3: Quartz is king
This spring, many North Bay homeowners looking to transform their kitchen countertops are expected to choose quartz over materials like granite or marble.
That’s because quartz is:
- Easy to install (that lowers the overall renovation cost)
- Durable and lasts a very long time
- A snap to clean up
Modern quartz countertops now have the same swirls, patterns, and veins you’d expect to find in other materials (like natural stone).
When it comes to quartz countertop colours, dark tones will be in style, such as:
- Dark green
Of course, traditional soft colours (grey, white, beige, and cream) will always be popular and contemporary.
Trend 4: Bigger is better (when it comes to the kitchen sink)
This spring, functionality takes centre stage when it comes to the kitchen sink.
Rather than having two, small basins sitting side-by-side, you’ll want to bring a single, large, and deep sink into your kitchen.
The prevailing school of thought is that a modern kitchen sink should be big enough to:
- Contain excess splashing
- Comfortably hold large pots and pans which won’t fit in the dishwasher
- Keep items from touching each other (such as washing one bowl of fruit and other of vegetables)
Transform your kitchen this spring with Kitchen Gallery
It’s a new season.
Are you ready for a new kitchen?
If so, Kitchen Gallery wants to help.
Book a FREE in-home consultation with our design expert today. We’ll come to you – no matter where you live – and talk about your kitchen décor needs in a one-on-one setting.
For more inspiration, visit our gallery page.
Design trends in Bathrooms also look beautiful on our sister site Bath Planet of North Bay